Wednesday, December 13, 2006

DESTINATION 6: LUCERNE & MOUNT PILATUS, SWITZERLAND

Switzerland is not part of European Union, thus Swiss Franc instead of Euro was used by us.

Coins of Switzerland.
5 Swiss Franc is really big in size, even much bigger than our very own 50 cents coin. A pity I did not have a chance to take a picture of it. I was busy trying to spend all the coins away because local money-changers do not accept the exchange of most foreign coins.
City tour in Lucerne was done (again) in the tourbus. Well done, I felt so cheated.

This is the Chapel Bridge built in the 14th century. Forgot what was it for.

Rails. This picture was taken from the tourbus.Rhine Falls, the largest waterfall in Europe.My brother is not happy.

Lion Monument, in memorial of the 700 odd brave Swiss soldiers who sacrificed themselves to protect the French King and Queen (which one ah...?) . The flowers that the lion is holding onto represents France.

As the weather was not exactly good, we postponed the mountain trip to the next morning.
Halfway up the Mount Pilatus to experience real snow for the first time in my life!

View of Lucerne from the cable car.

Sight of some snow flakes... more and more......SNOW!Excited to see snow, I was fully equipped with two heatpacks in my woolen glooves and four heatpacks on my legs. I am quite useless when it comes to low temperatures.

Finally there!

*pLaY-tiMe*

Wee-hoo! Here's mum and two other tour members- an Indian girl and a cute lady who always end up behind me in the toilet queues. Haha.

Took a rest in a cafe and drank barley soup. It was the most horrible soup I have ever drank. Salty and weird.

Anyway, before leaving the mountain, I dunked my right hand into the snow, thinking that I should use my hand to touch the snow because this only happens once in a blue moon..

...and the end result...

Probably not clear enough, but I got small little cuts on my hand, thus I felt slight burning sensations on my right hand for the past few days but have no idea why I felt that way. -_-Dunk lor! Dunk hand into snow lor! Orh bi quek.

P/S: I failed to make a snowman because time was very limited and no one's interested in making a snowman. I am so outdated meh? Making snowman not popular liao meh? SAD. :( Hopefully I can make it in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home