AFTERNOTE
Money.
I have been to Europe thrice and each time, someone I know will get pickpocketed. So my advice to all will be, to divide your money into two (or more) portions and put them separately. The most ideal option will be to put it close to your body, e.g. chest or tummy. For my case, I usually divide my money into three portions and place them in safe locations. It will be wise to check whether your portions of money are still in their respective places from time to time, because if you happen to be pickpocketed, at least you will know and go to the police and call your credit card companies in time to cancel (I don't know the correct term because I don't have a proper credit card) your card as soon as possible.
Funny thing is that some people still put all their money in a single location. This is a rather stupid thing to do and if you get pickpocketed, I might laugh at you okay (especially if I have advised you to put separate your money). For people who have lost their money and wallet, usually it's hard to find the culprit or even find back your wallet. So if you think it's safe to keep all your money in a wallet, then I wish you good luck.
Oh yah, I have forgotten abt the other serious accident that happened this time round. A room (of my fellow tour members) was broken into, even though it was locked! My goodness. The lucky thing was that they only stole their money and not their passports (they might not be able to travel with us if they lose their passports lor). So, like I said, always put your money beside you. Throughout my whole trip, my passport and money never left my side. So that's a lesson that we all should learn from.
Dry Skin.
Horrifying dry and scaly skin I have after my trip. Please bring along lotion when you're travelling to cold (and less humid) countries. For EU countries, due to their new regulations, I would suggest you buy lotion in any pharmacy there. They have a new requirement for the amount of liquid that you can bring on board. It will be wise to check out relevant websites for more information. They are really very strict with their regulations and I was requested to remove my boots for their checks. (Oh, that's the usual check for metallic materials.)
Reading up.
Reading up for your trip helps a lot in the understanding of the history and culture of the countries that you're visiting and will definitely make the trip more enjoyable and interesting.
Language.
Read up and find out (as mentioned above) the different languages used for different countries or even different parts of the countries. If you know of any foreign language, make full use of it throughout your stay. Everyone loves it when a foreigner knows his or her language. If you don't know any foreign languages, it will be wise to smile. :)
Money.
I have been to Europe thrice and each time, someone I know will get pickpocketed. So my advice to all will be, to divide your money into two (or more) portions and put them separately. The most ideal option will be to put it close to your body, e.g. chest or tummy. For my case, I usually divide my money into three portions and place them in safe locations. It will be wise to check whether your portions of money are still in their respective places from time to time, because if you happen to be pickpocketed, at least you will know and go to the police and call your credit card companies in time to cancel (I don't know the correct term because I don't have a proper credit card) your card as soon as possible.
Funny thing is that some people still put all their money in a single location. This is a rather stupid thing to do and if you get pickpocketed, I might laugh at you okay (especially if I have advised you to put separate your money). For people who have lost their money and wallet, usually it's hard to find the culprit or even find back your wallet. So if you think it's safe to keep all your money in a wallet, then I wish you good luck.
Oh yah, I have forgotten abt the other serious accident that happened this time round. A room (of my fellow tour members) was broken into, even though it was locked! My goodness. The lucky thing was that they only stole their money and not their passports (they might not be able to travel with us if they lose their passports lor). So, like I said, always put your money beside you. Throughout my whole trip, my passport and money never left my side. So that's a lesson that we all should learn from.
Dry Skin.
Horrifying dry and scaly skin I have after my trip. Please bring along lotion when you're travelling to cold (and less humid) countries. For EU countries, due to their new regulations, I would suggest you buy lotion in any pharmacy there. They have a new requirement for the amount of liquid that you can bring on board. It will be wise to check out relevant websites for more information. They are really very strict with their regulations and I was requested to remove my boots for their checks. (Oh, that's the usual check for metallic materials.)
Reading up.
Reading up for your trip helps a lot in the understanding of the history and culture of the countries that you're visiting and will definitely make the trip more enjoyable and interesting.
Language.
Read up and find out (as mentioned above) the different languages used for different countries or even different parts of the countries. If you know of any foreign language, make full use of it throughout your stay. Everyone loves it when a foreigner knows his or her language. If you don't know any foreign languages, it will be wise to smile. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home